Otto Wagner Hofpavillon Hietzing
Close by the Habsburg summer residence of Schönbrunn Palace is the “Pavillon des k.u.k. Allerhöchsten Hofes” – the pavilion of the imperial-royal Supreme Court, completed in 1899 by Otto Wagner. It was used by the emperor and his guests and members of the court as an entry and alighting station when travelling on the Vienna Stadtbahn. The pavilion is located directly next to the Stadtbahn station Hietzing. The station provided quick and convenient access to the city centre and all important stations in the capital and royal residential city of Vienna.
The central room of the Hofpavillon, the emperor’s waiting room, contained a suite of furniture in front of a view of Vienna by Carl Moll. There was also a desk, so he could work while he waited. It was also possible to send dispatches from the loggia.
Opening only by appointment: tel.: +43-1-505 87 47-85173